Sunday, November 13, 2005

Loo watch

The proverbial has really hit the fan. It turns out that there is a Dubai Media City shortage on toilet paper - according to Facilities, they have had no stock of the white stuff since the end of last week. We've been on Loo Watch since Thursday evening, mistakenly blaming the cleaners for forgetting to replenish stocks, and apparently Facilities have been flooded with complaints this morning.

After another call this morning, when every bathroom - ladies and gents - in our building had run out of paper as well as the scratchy paper hand towels, we were informed that Facilities have not been provided with supplies from DMC management. Calls to colleagues in the other Phases confirm that this is indeed the case across the whole of Dubai Media City.

So, we're left to wait ... and wait ... to the extent that all trips out of the free zone are accompanied by a pit stop of the non-petrol variety (including me in a hotel VIP majlis wash room this afternoon). A phrase springs to mind about organising and brewery.

6 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

*flushed with laughter*

6:10 PM  
Blogger snow white said...

There go my attempts at serious human interest issues down the drain.

6:14 PM  
Blogger moryarti said...

/me thinking of an alternative use for all those unpublished press releases by dmc based pr agencies :P

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you ''wanna be's'' make me sick to my damn GUTS..
I truly wish I could FLUSH you all instead of toilet paper.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you '' wanna be's '' make me sick to my GUTS!
I truly wish I could FLUSH the whole team down the tiolet.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you '' wanna be's '' make me sick to my GUTS!
I truly wish I could FLUSH the whole team down the tiolet.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!