Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A day filled with zero romance

I hate Valentine's Day. The concept doesn't work on any level: if you're single, it'll make you depressed or worried you have a stalker. If you're coupled up, it's either a waste of money, or you get into trouble for forgetting / not giving a nice enough present / booking a swanky enough restaurant / honestly answering the question "does my bum look big in this".

However you look at it, it's one day a year that is guaranteed to go as limp as the cheap red roses from the petrol station forecourt. And this year, my February 14 hit a new record low when I was stood up by my gay best friend. Enough said.

3 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Conclusion: you don't own shares in Hallmark.

;)

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day is for suckers. You missed nothing!

3:37 PM  
Blogger samuraisam said...

bah. christmas and birthdays are bad enough, if I ever find a "special someone" they won't need to get given a fancy bouquet of red roses, they'd already know I loved them and I wouldn't need some stupid day in february to prove it.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!