Saturday, August 20, 2005

Land of confusion

The layout and signage (or lack thereof) at Souk Madinat is well known for being totally baffling to all but those armed with GPRS or SAS navigation skills.

It struck me this week that it isn't just inside the souk where confusion ensues. The buttons in the lifts from the car park are marked B, G and 1, when the in-lift notice rather confusingly refers to B2, B1 and G.

Inevitably, for someone who is locationally-challenged, I'm lost before I even get there.

2 Comments:

Blogger BrainSyke said...

Well, you have an excuse. God know how many times I have forgotten where I parked at aiports!

1:25 AM  
Blogger moryarti said...

But DDQ is soo true! In one of my few trips to Madinat Jumeirah, i was in sheer pain for over 15 minutes cause i simply couldn't locate the bathrooms!

Apparently, i kept walking right past the 'small man and woman' signs as they were "artistically" blended into the decor! (#$@%^&)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!